The scope of product communications includes all documents, including presentations, that describe or discuss a manufacturer’s or resellers products. Many fall short of the effectiveness they could have, for one or both of these two reasons:
- The full document audience is not addressed.
- The Solution Ownership Cycle is not effectively applied.
Solution Ownership Cycle
Document stakeholders are the decision-makers who rely on the documents to perform evaluations, make decisions, or engage in technology planning.
For example, key stakeholders who rely on A&E specifications documents include:
- Architecture & Engineering firm design engineers and security risk consultants
- IT infrastructure systems architects and design engineers
- Security design consultants
- End-user customer IT product evaluators
- Network designers
- End-user customer cybersecurity specialists
- Corporate procurement personnel
- Security integrators
- End-user customers:
- Security directors
- Security operations managers
- Facility managers
- Business operations managers
- Operations consumers of business-related security system information